The Family Today
Stresses on the family are increasing all the time. Unemployment, a turbulent work place, marital difficulties, financial hardship, parent-teen problems, crime, caring for seniors and a host of other growing problems make agencies that support families more important than ever.
Where to find a Family Service Agency in Ontario
Donate to FSO!
Are you looking for help?
Family Service agencies offer help in nearly all communities across the province. There is a wide range of services, many of which exist at most family service agencies.
These programs are there to help you with many issues, including:
- Marital and family problems
- Counselling for children and youth
- Couple and relationship counselling
- Credit and financial management issues
- Mental health and addictions challenges
- Improving your parenting skills and dealing with your child’s education
- Domestic violence and woman abuse
- Support for LGBTQ adults and youth
- Dealing with employment problems and job loss
- Support for seniors and their caretakers
- Seniors abuse
- Counselling for veterans
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Youth and recreation programs
- Developmental disabilities
- Settlement challenges for newcomers to Canada
- Marriage preparation
- Information and referral to other local community services
Please check the agencies list on the left hand column of this page to find the closest agency to you and the list of programs offered.